The TinyG project is a multi-axis motion control system. It is designed for CNC applications and other applications that require highly precise motion control. TinyG is meant to be a complete embedded solution for small/medium motor control. Here are some of the main features of the v8 hardware.
- Integrated motion control system with embedded microcontroller (Atmel ATxmega192)
- 4 stepper motor drivers (TI DRV8818) integrated on a ~4 inch square board
- Stepper drivers handle 2.5 amps per winding which will handle NEMA17 motors and most NEMA23s
- Accepts Gcode from USB port and interprets it locally on the board
- 6-axis control (XYZ + ABC rotary axes) maps to any 4 motors
- Constant jerk acceleration planning (3rd order S curves) for smooth and fast motion transitions
- Very smooth step pulse generation using phase-optimized fractional-step DDA running at 50 Khz with very low jitter
- Micro-stepping up to 1/8 (optimized DDA makes this smoother than many 1/16 implementations)
Like to know more about TinyG?
Checkout our github.com wiki for more information.
TinyG in Action:
This is a video of TinyG driving the popular OX Desktop CNC milling machine.TinyG Includes:
- 1x TinyG board.
TinyG Does NOT include:
- A power supply.
- A Case.
- A Fan.
- A CNC machine.